Project deprecated — Over the summer of 2016, I led six interns to produce a new data journalism blog focused on politics. We developed some great features and processes, but ultimately the project ended with the summer. Several months later, after I left the company, the website was unceremoniously shut down. A few projects live on other websites, including personal blogs that I encouraged the team to start.
A few of our highlights included:
- Research into state legislature Twitter networks
- Profiles of every state legislator running for Congress
- Round-up articles documenting for legislators were reacting to prominent events on Twitter (See many of these on Sandhya’s blog)
- Census research into unemployment and average pay
- A daily newsletter of the day’s best research